Thank you for participating in The Great DVMF Adventure! The previous years were so successful we’ve decided to mix it up and let it live again this year—with mini adventures each week of the Deer Valley® Music Festival. The dates of the mini adventures are:
- Thurs. June 29 to Fri July 1
- Thurs. July 6 to Fri July 7
- Thurs. July 13 to Fri. July 14
- Thurs. July 20 to Fri. July 21
- Thurs July 27 to Fri. July 28
- Thurs. Aug. 3 to Fri. Aug. 4
How does the contest work?
- Check out the challenge we post on Instagram every Thursday for the Deer Valley Music Festival
- Pick one of the challenges and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #DVMFadventure
- Follow and tag us @utahsymphony and follow and tag our partner
- The person who gets the most likes from their friends, wins! Be sure to tell your friends to like your pic!
Submissions will only be new photos or videos posted within the contest time frame, accepted through Instagram, and will be tracked with the hashtag #DVMFadventure. Winners will be selected each Friday at 3 PM and informed by DM and tagging on Instagram on the Utah Symphony account.
You can get a head start on the challenges here:
- Splash around in one of the city’s water attractions!
- Flow with it – Park City is a gold-rated downhill mountain bike mecca for a reason.
- All bark and no bite – show us your favorite furry friend when visiting Nuzzles and Co.!
- Go for the gold and take a picture of an Olympic monument.
- Pack a picnic and take a pic; what’s in your DVMF picnic basket?
- Show us that you want “s’more” summer concerts. Make a s’more or find one at a local restaurant and take a pic!
- Take a photo with either the Moose or the Bear statues on Park City’s Main St.
- Air conduct your favorite orchestra movement while you’re on a hiking trail.
- Find Bucky, the Deer Valley logo, and take a picture with it.
- Strike a pose with a Stein Eriksen statue.
- Show us your coffee drink (empty or full) from the Buzz coffee shop at Montage Deer Valley.
- Take a photo during a ride on the scenic chairlift at Deer Valley Resort.
- Take a hike – explore some of Park City’s miles of dirt trails.
- Try a Utah favorite; make a Dutch-oven dinner.
- Snap your silliest selfie at a Park City farmer’s market or the Silly Sunday Market.
- Make an instrument out of natural or found objects and play a song.
- Arts galore! Take a photo outside of your favorite Park City gallery or work of art (think Banksy).
- Spell out #DVMF using Mother Nature’s elements.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material change will be posted on the Utah Symphony blog page. In order to be eligible, contestants must submit photographic proof of completing challenges by posting a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #DVMFadventure, tagging and following @utahsymphony, and tagging and following any relevant partners. (example: We completed a challenge in the #DVMFadventure @utahsymphony!) Contestants may submit photos individually. Photos not submitted during the contest period or after the deadline will not be considered.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
DATES & ELIGIBILITY
Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents (“Participant”) who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry residing within the states of Utah, Idaho, or Wyoming. Limit to one entry per household. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of Utah Symphony | Utah Opera and their household members are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
The Contest Period will begin every Thursday starting June 29, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. (Mountain Standard Time) and all entries are due the following Fridays by 3:00 p.m. until August 4, 2017, Mountain Standard Time (“Deadline”).
Weekly Prize (6): To be eligible, you must submit proof of the challenges you completed by posting a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #DVMFadventure, tagging and following @utahsymphony, and tagging and following any relevant partners. The Weekly Prize Winners will be determined based on the number of likes on their posts. The prize includes two ticket vouchers to one of the following Deer Valley Music Festival Concerts: Patriotic Celebration with Lisa Vroman, Ella at 100: Patti Austen Sings Ella Fitzgerald, The Beach Boys, Gershwin’s Greatest Hits, Leslie Odom, Jr., The Music of Prince, Diana Krall, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in Concert, DISNEY IN CONCERT A Dream is a Wish, Ben Folds, Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture & Piano Concerto No. 1, Classical Mystery Tour: a Tribute to the Beatles; a scenic chairlift ride for two at Deer Valley Resort; a meet and greet with that show’s guest artist; and a gourmet picnic basket from Deer Valley (for saturday shows only) OR two (2) Gold Day Pass vouchers from Deer Valley Resort. Entrants participating as individuals will receive two ticket vouchers per concert.
USUO assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. USUO reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of a prize with a prize of comparable value should the original prize be unavailable, regardless of reason. USUO is not responsible for misspellings in posts and hashtags or with problems with posting due to proper Internet access. USUO has the right to disqualify any Participant for inappropriate behavior including vulgarity and nudity. USUO, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. Decisions of USUO are final. Winner must produce identification satisfactory to USUO prior to being awarded Prizes.
REPRESENTATION & WARRANTIES
By submitting a Contest entry, Participant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that Participant: (i) has read and meets the eligibility requirements; (ii) has submitted viable contact information; (iii) understands that if any of the information submitted is false or incomplete, it will void the Participant’s entry to the Contest; and Participant (iv) agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. USUO in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its website or is otherwise in violation of these rules. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless USUO, and its officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees from any and all alleged and/or actual claims, demands, losses, settlements, liabilities and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen (including, without limitation, bodily injury, personal injury, death, disability and property damage), and costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, settlement and disbursements) directly or indirectly that arise out of the Participant’s participation in the Contest. USUO is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause.
All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs, fees and expenses associated with a prize are the sole responsibility of the winners, where applicable.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR This contest is sponsored and administrated by Utah Symphony | Utah Opera, 123 West South Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101. Any other websites, artists, or composers mentioned as part of the Contest are not participants or sponsors of this Contest, nor do they endorse or promote this Contest, and their names, logos and trade names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of each. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, YouTube or its entities have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, or YouTube. Hard copies of rules can be requested by visiting 336 North 400 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84103 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM).